As an online clan that that has lasted a number of years, history is an important part of the Hive that all members can learn if they see their Matriarch. Empresses of the Council, Kings of Elite Mixbloods, and Queens of the Bulwark are required to know this as well, so members can see other special ranks for information. So far, the clan has had 5 (technically 8) Matriarchs and has expanded both intraclanwise and interclanwise throughout the years since its known origin in 2010, the year the Aliens vs Predator game came out. This clan is also known to have started in AvP, but the clan has spread to Aliens: Colonial Marines (2013), Grand Theft Auto V (2015), and Warframe (2013) as well. For the most part, however, AvP currently retains almost all activity of the Hive, with the ACM and Warframe sectors also active. The Grand Theft Auto sector is currently decommissioned.
Notable Hive eventsEdit
This is a short list of the most noteworthy Hive events in the Hive's history. More about each can be read in the following sections:
- Hive Inchoation
- BadassOfDOD's reign
- DARKWOLFPHOENIX's reign
- cz1420's reign
- italian-stal's reign
- dragonsrule4444's reign
- sdrbuck234's reign
- Hive Dark Ages
- Modern Hive Age
- ACM Expansion
- Xbox360 Expansion
- GTA5 Expansion
- PC Expansion
- Warframe Expansion
- The Great Expansion
- The Expansion Trial
- The Creator Uprising (BadassOfDOD vs. italian-stal)
- The Creator Trial (BadassOfDOD vs. Hive)
- The 2013 Recession
- The 2015 Recession
- Lycan Battles (Shadow Lycans vs. Hive, friendly)
- The Great Threat (Legion vs. Hive)
- The Raven Threat Alliance (Mystravens vs. Hive)
- The Ravenhawk Conspiracy (Mystravens vs. Mysthawks vs. Hive)
- The Ravenhawk Trial (Telecommando946 vs. Hive)
- The Subclan Ousting (Death Deelers vs. Elite Hunters)
- The Wolf War (Wolfpack / USCM vs. Hive)
- The Undertaker Threat (Skullcrushers vs. Xbox Hive)
- The Empress Tournament
- The Queen Tournament
- The King Tournament
- The Winter Tournament
- The Ultimate Tournament
- The Matriarch Tournament
- The Monarch Tournament
- The Summer Tournament
- The Combo Tournament
Clan history is typically organized by the reigns of each Matriarch; however, Clan history can also be categorized under particular ages of Clan updates, albeit this system mostly emphasizes the historical events that occur under the modern Hive, that of the Clan during and after the reign of italian-stal (after the Dark Ages) when many of the current systems and practices were started:
- Hive Dark Ages (Age 0): 2010 - Nov 2012
- Origin Era (Age 1): Nov 2012 - Feb 2013
- Apex Era (Age 2): March 2013 - July 14, 2013
- DOD Era (Age 3): July 14 - Aug 24, 2013
- Recession Era (Age 4): Aug 25, 2013 - Feb 1, 2014
- Tournament Era (Age 5): Feb 2 - Oct 13, 2014
- Xbox Era (Age 6): Oct 14, 2014 - Aug 3, 2015
- Dragons' Era (Age 7): Aug 4, 2015 - Aug 22, 2016
- Monarch Era (Age 8): Aug 23, 2016 - present
According to clan history by the third Matriarch, the Hive Clan was created in 2010 by BadassOfDOD. It was later found by alice_170, however, that the clan was also co-founded by BURNING-WITCH_ and CHAKRAMMblade (considered by many to be the best xenomorph player of all time). The Hive was originally lead by three leaders now known as the Creators. This was the case for a short while, until BURNING-WITCH_ and CHAKRAMMblade no longer wanted to rule the Hive alongside their partner DOD. (However, CHAKRAMMblade did later return and become an Empress). At first, WITCH_ and CHAKRAMM's plan was to leave the clan to be singlehandedly ruled by their fellow Creator, but this was later changed due to DOD's dislikability and crudeness to the two. Instead, the other two Hive Creators ultimately decided to leave the clan under the hands of one of their first and most-trusted Hive initiates, DARKWOLFPHOENIX, before disappearing from the clan. This initial period of the Hive while it was ruled by a triumvirate is known as the Inchoation.
DARKWOLFPHOENIX and BadassOfDODEdit
DARKWOLFPHOENIX, appointed leader by two of the three original Creators, became the first single ruler of the Hive, eventually being deemed "Matriarch." Although PHOENIX was the first true Matriarch, his reign was short-lived, having lasted only a few months before he too took his leave. PHOENIX had left the clan to a subleader and righthand of his, but the action to make this member the next Matriarch was poorly executed, and few Hive members were informed of the transition of power. Thus, Creator BadassOfDOD then took advantage of this gap in power and convinced all the Hive members that he had become Matriarch by decision of DARKWOLFPHOENIX, even though he appointed himself leader under no authority bur his own. Over the course of his reign, DOD had fooled all new members initiated under him that he was the single Creator and overall only first Matriarch of the Hive Clan -- a fallacy which would not be uncovered until third Matriarch italian-stal's reign. DARKWOLFPHOENIX, having not been known for ruling the clan until late on, is known historically as the zeroth Matriarch, with DOD known as the "first." During his reign as Matriarch, BadassOfDOD created the first special round, Matriarch rounds, to make sure none would end up getting the Matriach position as he did.
AvP was a popular videogame during this era, as these two Matriarchs were reported to have recruited 900 members of the clan combined. Not only that, but during their reigns, there was no Initiation round, so members could just join while they were in charge. Because of the erasure of DARKWOLFPHOENIX from clan history by DOD, it is unknown how his reign was received by members under his rule. It is known that BadassOfDOD's reign had relatively positive reception at its time of progress, but this has with time become much more negatively criticized after the uncovering of the fallacies created during it. Soon enough a Hive initiate, cz1420, challenged DOD to a Greater Matriarch round in the end of 2011. cz1420 won, and became the next Matriarch.
Awhile ago, BadassOfDOD returned to the clan and was an Empress. However, as Hive creator, BadassOfDOD challenged italian-stal to a Matriarch round, regardless of the fact that the Matriarch rule clearly states Empresses cannot challenge the Matriarch for Matriarchy. Yet, italian-stal was curious and allowed the rule to be broken once. BadassOfDOD only had one chance to beat the third Matriarch to a Matriarch round, but he lost and had a special block placed on him, forbidding him from becoming a Matriarch again under all future leaders. The round, for 30 minutes, had a score of 40 to 5, italian-stal winning by mass majority and persecuting DOD 5 times. This past Hive event is known as the Creator Uprising. Later, BadassOfDOD continued his disrespectful ways against not only those of natural rank, but against other Empresses. Therefore, he was voted to be exiled in the first Hive Trial and was gone for a short time (known as the Creator Trial). Soon after, DOD (as a creator) claimed rights to the Hive name, forcing the clan to temporarily name itself the Matriarch Hive. Later, BadassOfDOD was allowed to return to the (Matriarch) Hive under a Hive Requiem Resurrection, starting again at Mixblood Facehugger(prestige 1, rank 1) rank. He thereafter returned the Hive's original name. Soon after, during the 2013 Recession, DOD then challenged the Hive to war with his Wolfpack Clan, which he later refuted. Today, he is in the Clan but is not an active participant.
Leader cz1420 was the second Matriarch of the Hive under BadassOfDOD's historical standard, technically third overall. During his reign, he introduced ranks to the common members of the Hive. He is commonly referred to as "Oliver" by first Matriarch BadassOfDOD, like how member the_guy_who_wins is commonly referred to as "Myles." He created the Facehugger, Drone, Praetorian, and Ravager ranks, making the Hive have 5 ranks in all, including the Matriarch rank. cz1420 also created the Initiation round, which meant new members needed to pass an initiation to join, rather than just saying they were members. His reign is also restricted under the AvP game, which at his reign was slightly less popular than it had been. He had initiated 500 members, making the count of members by the end of his reign 1400 players.
The reign of cz1420 had primarily mixed reception; despite adding ranks for the normal members, this Matriarch primarily kept the same systems as the leaders before him. The introduction of normal ranks combined with this system led to a primarily Matriarch-focal organization, where members' ranks were often a reflection of their direct participation and loyalty towards the clan leader; these principles would be altered towards that of individualism and open interpretation of dedication by following Matriarchs. As such, cz1420 is considered the last of the Matriarchs adhering to these leader-centric policies and lack of individualized clan events, a collective time referred to as the Hive Dark Ages. In late November 2012, new Hive member italian-stal challenged cz1420 after only being in the clan for a week. italian-stal won the Matriarch round, and became the third Matriarch.
The player italian-stal was the third Matriarch (technically fourth), and held the longest reign of any Matriarch at nearly 3 years. During his Matriarchy, italian-stal had introduced the most new things to the Clan of any Matriarch to date, and is most well-known for completely reestablishing the Hive's simplistic systems and modes from the Dark Ages, beginning the time of the Modern Hive. No major changes to the Clan would be made after his Matriarchy until sdrbuck234 during Age 8.
One such addition was more ranks. It was italian-stal that introduced the Chestburster, Runner, Warrior, Predalien, Carrier, Bull Alien, Boiler, Crusher, Xenorex, Palatin, Rhino Alien, Deacon, Queen, King, Empress, and Monarch ranks, making the total 21 ranks, special and normal. Besides the Initiation and Matriarch rounds, italian-stal had established 13 new special rounds. These include the Power, Persecution, Council, Pureblood, Legendary, Rebirth, Reaper, Rank, Alpha, Bloodslayer, Omega, Academy, and Guardian rounds. italian-stal had also created 11 of the Hive's present 12 games. These include Hive Races, Hive-and-Seek, Hive Sumo (now part of Tournament), Hive Tournament, King-of-the-Hive, Hive Pureblood Royale, Operation: Hive Frontier, Hive Strategics, Hive Domination, Hive Strike, Hive Infection, and Hiveball. Some of these games, though, are from other members' ideas, for italian-stal was the first Matriarch to take in other members' ideas for events, and making many of them official games. Hive activities like Training, Hive Tours, Trials, and Hive Connections had also been introduced. This Matriarch had also introduced the Hive to the Council, the organized group of the clan's top leaders. The groups of the Bulwark of the Royals, the Hivebloods, the Mixblood Elites, the Hive's Rage, and the Hive of Fame, as well as the prestige system were created under italian-stal. This Matriarch wanted a way to share his authority to those who have earned it, as well as help him with some of the Hive's affairs.
Finally, italian-stal was the first Matriarch to expand the Hive, starting with Aliens: Colonial Marines. This was followed by Grand Theft Auto 5. The ACM sector ultimately had a number of modes and rounds adapted for its gameplay, but has not reached the prominence of the original AvP sector. The GTA5 sector was much more restricted in Hive events and was eventually decommissioned during sdrbuck234's reign. This made italian-stal the first Matriarch to control a multi-videogame clan. He also introduced the Hive to Xbox360 and crowning his brother trajectory989 the first Monarch, making the Hive a 2-console clan. He managed to outrule his sibling as well due to trajectory989 willingly handing over the clan to sdrbuck234 (originally Powergamer1998).
From September 2013 to January 2014, italian-stal went on a 4-month haitus, leaving the Hive to temporary co-Matriarchs mad_hatter_968 and chaosshadow18, as well as having Dark_Lycan108, MULTIPLAYER1999, and alice_170 as temporary Empresses. This is known as the 2013 Recession, although it ended in early 2014.
By the time his reign ended, italian-stal had initiated over 600 people, having the clan reach 2000 members. The reign of italian-stal had near critical acclaim both within the clan and by its allies, the Hive having made few enemies under italian-stal. It is said italian-stal was the Matriarch that first brought the organized systems of the Modern Hive to the Clan, better unifying its members since the Dark Ages. italian-stal was the first Matriarch to increase (and then reduce) interaction with outside clans, changing the amount of interclan competition and involvement to which Hive members were exposed. The Matriarch wished for the friendly environment of the clan to be utilized and made it objective to stay out of clan wars and other interclan business; despite this, it was starting under italian-stal that many master or professional gamers from high clans began joining the Hive.
Later during the long-running leader's time of power, he held various clanwide tournaments (Empress, Queen, King, Winter, Ultimate, Matriarch) to make elite special rounds easier so that new subleaders would arise. The reason for this was because Matriarch italian-stal had evolved as a player so much during his reign that he became one of the most-powerful xenomorph players in the game, making the old special rounds nearly impossible against his host. As such, no Hive member could usurp him forcifully, as the Matriarch Road provided too much of a challenge to nearly any member if it was against the skillset of italian-stal. As such, the Matriarch had to allow a challenger to beat him at the Matriarch round during the Matriarch Tournament based on his personal decision, a usurpation not seen in any previous exchanges of Matriarchy. As such, italian-stal chose to lose the Lesser Matriarch round against his apprentice and previous Deacon dragonsrule4444 in the Tournament, making her the successor and him the longest Hive leader to date. italian-stal would remain in the Clan as an Empress and later Monarch of the Playstation 3 sectors under sdrbuck234.
Over the course of the Matriarch Tournament, dragonsrule4444 was given leadership of the Hive by italian-stal, thus becoming the first female Matriarch as of August 4, 2015. Like the first few Matriarchs (who changed the clan very little since its creation), the Hive under dragonsrule4444 remained rather static and primarily followed the systems and regulations set forth under italian-stal. One of the major changes that were enstated under dragons' rule was the Clan's expansion to the PC sector via decision by Xbox Council and sdrbuck234 during his Monarchy.
Matriarch dragonsrule4444 was most known, however, for the massive recession that took place over the course of her reign and the relatively poor reception she had received for her leadership, many older members claiming her rule to be much less successful than the prior Matriarch's and constantly asking her to step down from her position. Shortly after her rule started, dragons became increasingly busy and was unable to perform online as Matriarch, causing the 8-month recession, known better as the 2015 Recession. This recession became even more infamous than the well-known 2013 Recession during italian-stal's reign before the Wolf War.
Although the Recession outraged several Hive members from italian-stal's rule, it was the 2015 Recession that finally jumpstarted the clan in the following April. Due to the Recession, Hive members were finally able to become more reliant upon their other subleaders (rather than the Matriarch) and detach from their reliance upon italian-stal for events, a problem commonly faced during the third Matriarch's reign. Empress Lotusofthesand became an important factor in resurrecting the clan, acting shortly as the Temporary Matriarch before dragons' return the following summer. Because the Recession caused many of the older members from italian's time to leave, the period following saw a new generation of Hive members being initiated in summer of 2016, over 100 more new Hive members having been initiated during her rule. The Monarch Tournament was held over in the Xbox sector, while the Summer Tournament had been attempted during this time, but was unsuccessful. By summer's end, however, dragonsrule had decided to relinquish her Matriarchy due to possibility of another Recession. It was by August's end that she had chosen to lose a Greater Matriarch round to long-experienced Monarch sdrbuck234, giving him the final step to full clan leadership.
Years before sdrbuck234 became the fifth (overall sixth) Matriarch, he had been initiated during the early reign of italian-stal. Over that time, he had been a dedicated member in the PS3 sector, ultimately becoming a King in the 2014 King Tournament. Shortly after, he left the Playstation sector to seek power in the newer Xbox360 sector, which had unsuccessfully been ruled by Monarch trajectory989 up to that point. Buck was given the Monarch position, and with it caused the Xbox Hive to thrive, initiating hundreds of members and upholding Hive rules before finally returning to the PS3 years later. With his experience, he had attempted the Matriarch Road in spring 2016, only be be stopped by dragonsrule4444 at the time. Bloodygammawolf acted as temporary Monarch of the Xbox during this endeavour. He did with his Monarchy manage to expand to PC soon after his failure, though, and a season later he returned to find dragonsrule searching for a successor. He finally took the clan leader position, and for the first time in the Clan's history, a Matriarch held rule over all sectors of the Clan (Xbox, PS3, PC, AvP, ACM, GTAV), and the need for Monarch had been eliminated.
Because of this, sdrbuck234 had a Hive Trial created in May 2017 to change the role of Monarch to a more useful position. It was here that it was stressed that new Monarchs would now become assigned leaders in charge of a particular sector of the Hive. This had become necessary at the time due to the plans for the Hive's Great Expansion, the time the Hive attempted expanding to new games on new consoles to maintain the Clans existence (due to the aging of the home sector on PS3 AvP). This began with the expansion to PS4's Warframe, and the Trial integrating these major changes and starting the plans of the Great Expansion would later be known as the Expansion Trial.
Matriarch sdrbuck234 managed to perform above the standards of dragonsrule, keeping the clan from experiencing another Recession, and thus had a more successful reception by members. This Matriarch also managed to release the first full Hive event since italian-stal with Hive Talent, as well as the first new special rounds in nearly 3 years, the Lycan round and Badblood round.
During the first 2 Matriarchs, the Hive had not gotten introduced to any allies or enemies due to its rather private initial approach to online AvP. It was during italian-stal's reign that the clan had met its first allies. Over time, many of these allies would eventually fall despite the Hive's continued activity. In fact, the Hive is the last of the original clans created at AvP's release.
In addition to Hive allies came sub-clans, smaller clans created by Hive members with their own rules and practices, while still under the watchful eye of the Matriarch and the Hive. These subclans were led under a single leader, who was a member of the Hive clan. Originally, subclans were the result of any clan created by a player after they became a Hive member (as all clans created by someone in the Hive automatically made their clan a part of the Hive), but this rule has since been abolished; now, any clan made by a member can either become a subclan or an independent clan. Subclans are under the jurisdiction of the Matriarch, Monarchs (of that sector), or any Kings.
Currently the Hive has 2 active subclans. Most subclans existed during the time of italian-stal's early reign, before the subclans were banned in late 2013. These subclans have ranged from 5 members to 50 members. The large influx of subclans during this time was inspired by xXOpTiC_KnIvEsXx, who would come to lead the Hive's largest and most-prominent subclan. Eventually, however, they died out, despite the fact subclans were later allowed to be made once more. Note: Matriarchs may join the ally or subclan to further enforce the ties of allyship with allies and subclans. These are the allies and subclans:
Elite Dragon ClanEdit
The Elite Dragon clan was the first official ally of the Hive clan. Their leader was known as the gamertag dlcmlr. Their leader dlcmlr has met italian-stal, and joined his clan by passing initiation. The Elite Dragon clan had 50 members under dlcmlr. State: Fallen
Dark Shadows ClanEdit
Because Hive member footballdjm18 was initiated, his clan, the Dark Shadows Clan, was made an ally to the Hive. They had an unknown number of members, but it is assumed there was a moderate amount. It was also known their initiation, like the Hive's, was simple and easy. State: Fallen
Member Blueray72 had mentioned he was in charge of a clan called the Shadowers, which has a few members. They were an ally, however, very little was known of them. State: Fallen
The League Of Shadows ClanEdit
The League Of Shadows Clan was led by leaders XtReMe33397, xAcidxBloodx, and the founder Shockwave. This clan was known as a passive clan, like the Hive, and was one of the Hive's more-prominent allies throughout the years. They were once enemies with the Shadow Lycans (shortly known as Antishadow Lycans) but ultimately decided to cease their attempts and become a different clan. It was thought that this clan was at first a subclan, but it never was because it actually existed in other games before founder Almondtea joined the Hive and started the clan in AvP. However, Almondtea unfortunately had to beg Matriarch italian-stal for the clan's independence until he relented. They had 302 members at their apex before they, just like many other clans, had slowly experienced a decline. The League Of Shadows clan only fought clans that were capable of destroying them and the only clan that exists to this day that actually posed a threat to them is the Hive, as many of the old apex clans have fallen. Check out their wiki! State: Fallen
One clan long known to the Hive since the initiation of Mantletrooper1 is the Saints. This clan is the largest-known clan to the Hive, with numbers varying from 8000 members to 20000 members. The reason for this is because the Saints are found in a myriad of other videogames, AvP only one of them. Mantletrooper1 is in charge of the AvP sector, and now the Saints are a vast ally. At one point, this clan considered itself a Hive subclan for protection and violation reasons. Soon after, the clan was reported in a recession, and now the clan lies dormant in AvP. State: Fallen (AvP branch)
The initiation of dethpredator made the Alpha clan a Hive ally. They had an average number of members. State: Fallen
Rise of the Wolves ClanEdit
Another official ally clan is the 30-member Rise of the Wolves clan. This clan is actually a multiple-game clan, like the Hive and the Saints. It is in Red Dead Redemption, various Call of Duty games, and AvP. It is lead by Hive member nck2001. State: Fallen
Yet another ally is the Wolfpack clan, once one of AvP's highest clans (making this the second most-powerful Hive ally). This clan was led by previous Matriarch and Hive creator BadassOfDOD, as he returned to the Hive and now owns this 5100-member clan. SANIBELBABY was one such member. However, the clan shortly became an enemy, when the Hive was challenged to war for the sake of being in its first war, later abandoned because the clan had moved on to PS4. After this, the clan was once again a Hive ally, but lost its previous rank of #5 in AvP to the Hive for leaving the war. Today, the clan exists but is no longer found in AvP. SERPENTX34 attempted the rebirth of the clan under the name The Order, which ultimately failed. State: Fallen (AvP branch)
Death Deelers, Demonata, Goblin Horde, Souleaters, LW ClansEdit
Member mad_hatter_968 owned the Death Deelers (once a subclan, see below), the Demonata, the Goblin Horde, Legendary Warriors, and the Souleaters clans. They were all allies of the Hive, and some of them had only a few members, while others had many. Currently, mad_hatter_968 has turned his attention to the Elite Hunters. State: Fallen
Mystravens, Mysthawks, GuildEdit
Another ally was the Mystravens. One of the oldest AVP clans, they started out as a Hive enemy. Yet, with supposed infiltration of the clan, Telecomando946 became the clan's new leader; one of his first acts was adding the Hive as the Mystravens' first ally. This overall event is known in Hive history as the Raven Threat Alliance (see below). However, a new leader temporarily replaced Telecommando946, which was sharkbait0326. Telecommando946 soon after reclaimed his leadership, but ended relations with the Hive due to the Ravenhawk Conspiracy (see below), also ending relations with the Mysthawks, the Ravens' counterpart clan and supposed enemy. (Right before he joined the Hive, sharkbait0326 created the independent clan called the Guild, which no longer exists.) State: Fallen
Right after the Recession of 2013, a new AvP clan began. This was the TXH clan, whose abbreviation is kept secret because this clan has actually existed for a moderate amount of time before joining the online world of AvP, similar to the League of Shadows. This was the only clan the Hive allied with that it never truly saw online AvP. Their leader was TXH-RISE. State: Fallen
An ally with previous history with the Hive is the Legion, controlled by MEGA-PRED666. At an earlier time, this clan was once a Hive subclan. The Legion first originated under leader styleenut, who was already a Hive member. This clan, unlike the others, was the most independent of any subclan in the Hive. In fact, it was almost a clan to the Hive itself while it served as a subclan. However, a fight with this group almost occurred, but was called off in the last minute. Now, the clan fell apart because of styleenut's betrayal, known as the Great Threat to the Hive. Once alice_170 convinced him out of it in last minute, he was welcomed back into the Hive, but ultimately decided to go rouge. Unfortunately, his clan's members were many Hive members and left his clan once they knew his purposes to attack the Hive. Yet, after being fallen for the longest time, MEGA-PRED666 revived the clan and recruited even more powerful members for it. This lasted a short time, however, and the clan fell once more. State: Fallen
The next clan in which to mention is the Shadow Lycan clan. This clan was known as the clan's second official ally, the earliest ally of notable mention to the Hive. The Shadow Lycans were usually denoted by their familiar SHADOW-LYCAN/S-L titles in all of their gamertags. In their earlier days, this clan stood as the 3rd most powerful in PS3 Alien vs Predator, after the Immortal Bloods and Alphawoves. Nearly all members of their clan were of exceptional skill, that of which other clans such as the Hive cowered. The original leader, SHADOW-LYCANKING, was of notable skill and was feared as a leader, albeit accepting alliance with the Hive. Over time, other leaders took control of the clan with KING's increasing absence. TheVenomProject_ was soon clan leader for a short duration, then SERPENT_COBRA_. Afterwards, Hitman_Valentino became the leader. Over this time, the quality of players which the Shadow Lycans were revered for gradually decreased in quality, as later Shadow Lycans were not as powerful as their elder clanmates; in fact, such members would not have been welcome in the original clan. Also throughout time, members of the Shadow Lycans became more integrated into the Hive as their secondary clan (despite the original rule that forbid this) until the point most Lycans were also in the Hive. It was a combination of these factors that gradually caused the decline of the clan. Ultimately, Hitman_Valentino's reign was the Lycans' last originally, as the clan finally fell after a long-term decrease in prestige. SHADOWxLYCANDARK (Xx_darkness_66_xX) and SHADOW-LYCANEDGE tried bringing the clan back later on, only to fail in their attempts. The clan was fully brought back in 2017 with the return of KING. See more on the Shadow Lycans page. State: Active
Light Angel/ Hellsing/ Recon Elite ClanEdit
A spawn-off clan to mention is the Light Angel clan. Before the clan was created, there was a member of the dead Shadow Lycans named SHADOW-LYCANWIND, who eventually quit the Shadow Lycans and created his own clan. After, he had the clan known as the Light Angels. Just like the Shadow Lycans, the Light Angels all have an uppercase title, this one being LIGHT-ANGEL. SHADOW-LYCANWIND is the leader of this clan, and is now known as LIGHT-ANGELKING. He has offered alliance with the Hive, which italian-stal readily agreed, as any ally is welcome to the clan. Unfortunately, LIGHT-ANGELKING's account was hacked and now he is under the name of DARK-VAMPIREKING. He called the Light Angel clan the Hellsing clan now as well, but both of these clans are the same, just one clan with 2 opposite names. The leader also has the name of RECON-ELITELORD, so the clan also was the name of the Recon Elites. Now, the clan's members have left and this trinamed clan has fallen. SHADOW-LYCANWIND actually then returned to the Shadow Lycans as SHADOW-LYCANEYES. State: Fallen
By the time dragonsrule4444 came to power, all of the original AvP clans had fallen, save the Hive. At this point, smaller and less-notable clans formed online, consistent of some of the older, more experienced players from the game's earlier days and some of the average players that never had a chance to join clans during AvP's apex. During summer 2016, when a new group of members were active in the Hive, a large slew of intraclan problems arose between these new members and older member MaxDeadBear. Acting as an issue over the large course of that season, SERPENTX34 (then Mysthawk) eventually took action and created a clan in retaliation to the Hive on behalf of the actions by MaxDeadBear. This clan would be known as The Shield, and was made up of many of the new Hive members members tired of Max as a member. This issue was later resolved, however, and the Shield became a Hive ally, as few clans were left in the game by that point. State: Fallen
A relatively older clan, the Brute Squad was a professional clan that became involved with the Hive in later years. While not quite as prestigious and well-known as such clans like the Wolfpack and Shadow Lycans, the Brute Squad was still well-versed in the professional circles of Aliens vs Predator becoming one of the last competitive clans against such other late entrants as the Lost Hunters and Apex. Their leader, COOLCHUCHO became allies with the Hive during the reign of sdrbuck234. State: Active
Dark Blade AssassinsEdit
An ally clan in the Hive's Xbox sector, the Dark Blade Assassins (or DBA) was the first clan to join the Xbox Hive in alliance. Originaly called Crawling Darkness and led by x Sweet Tooth x, the clan was larger and more prestigious back in earlier years. Then it consisted of three subclans, the Temple of Shadowz (led by Experiment X7), the Eternal Shadows (with leader DustBuster), and the Black Deaths (leader SizedMirror74). A civil clan war began between the main clan and two of its smaller factions. The main Crawling Darkness and Eternal Shadows split away from its two other inner clans and became Alien Nation (with new leader RuyGuyDoom). Thus, the two subclans merged to fight its larger competitor and took the t subclan's name of the Temple of Shadowz, disbanding the Black Deaths' name. Ultimately through changing leaders, clan battles, and alliances, the clan settled on the name Dark Blade Assassins. The current leader is The Raver Virus, as is Alien Nation's. The last known leader of both clans was The Raver Virus. State: Fallen
The Demonic Preds Edit
Another X-Sector ally was The Demonic Preds. They were a division of a big clan called The Demonic Speedsters and were a Predator Clan that requested their information to be private. State: Fallen
The Requiem Hive Edit
A little-known ally to the Xbox sector. Status: Fallen
In the earlier months of italian-stal's reign, subclans began to appear with the suggestion of xXOpTiC_KnIvEsXx. Various Hive members started creating clans of their own, and, due to the original regulations set forth, many were forced to be subclans. Many of these early subclans thenafter became unstable, getting involved in such battles as the Subclan Ousting. By the suggestion of SHADOW-LYCANKING, italian-stal then passed the second Subclan Rule in August 2013 banning the creation of all new subclans. As predicted, all of the old first-age clans made before the rule eventually died out. This is a list of all the original subclans and their leaders:
- Shredder Subclan: Leader: D4rthYoda198. This was the first subclan of the Hive, after its leader followed xXOpTiC_KnIvEsXx's word. It had an initiation similar to the Hive's.
- The Elite Hunters Subclan: Leaders: XXOpTiC_KnIvEsXx and XDarkharXD. The second subclan created by the causer of subclans, XXOpTiC_KnIvEsXx, this was the most successful first-era subclan that existed. Although it was often the epicenter of any problems caused by these miniature clans, it eventually went into a fallen state. Prior to this, the clan had a war with another subclan, mad_hatter_968's Death Deelers, in a clan event known as the Subclan Ousting. Due to this, xXOpTiC_KnIvEsXx was blamed for many of the clan's problems and was replaced by XDarkharXD, or TheHunters_Claw. It had survived into the second subclan Era, however, by revival by mad_hatter (see below).
- Max Pred Guardian Clan: Leader: MeatEater010. Planned subclan that failed to truly start.
- Pureblood Subclan: Leader: MILLERDUO. Once the subclan with the greatest ties to the Hive, this clan was once owned by previous Empress MILLERDUO.
- The Specimens: Leader: chaosshadow18. Just like the Shadow Lycans, the Specimens had clan recognition with the beginning SPECIMEN before each member's gamertag; owned by previous Empress chaosshadow18.
- The Death Deelers: Leader: mad_hatter_968. One of many of Empress mad_hatter's clans, the Death Deelers were first created during the first era as a subclan. However, arguments with the Elite Hunters caused this clan to leave the Hive as a subclan and soon after become inactive.
- The Night Before Clan: Leader: alice_170. Previous alice_170's first subclan, failing to start because of login issues.
- The Chronicles: Leader: alice_170. alice_170's second subclan, more successful than her first but ultimately fallen.
- Death Clan: Leader: DEATHHOUNDS37. Owned by previous Empress DEATHHOUNDS37, this was one of the few successful subclans and one of the last to fall. This subclan was to assist the Hive for the Wolf War before its cancellation.
- Wolf Subclan: Leader: nightwolf. Mostly ambiguous subclan.
- Royal Elders Subclan: Leader: knownmarine. A once moderately successful subclan with a similar initiation to the Hive, this clan was a predator and alien based clan that was lead by Berserker Matriarch knownmarine.
- Ring of Saturn Subclan: Leader: XbOxKiLlEr02. Another subclan that had up to 20 members; fell from lack of activity.
- Rising Predator Subclan: Leader: costumbreangel. The last new subclan created during the first era, the Rising Predator Subclan experienced an initial boom, but was later abandoned in less than a month.
- Golden Blade Warriors: Leader: Matriarch sdrbuck234 (also GoldenBladexWolf). A predator and alien clan that had a type of fighting based on the Predator's Code of Honour. The clan taught its members not only to play predator but also taught them how to use the xenomorph in a way similar to the basic training regiment of the Hive with a Initiation where they must get 1 persecution on the Leader.
- The Demonic Preds: Leader: D3ATHxPREDAT0R and FIENDxPREDATOR. The only Xbox subclan ever made with a unknown amount of members that was based around yautja and was a very secluded clan.
The Hive had much fewer subclans after their initial ban in 2013. It was not until a year later that subclans would be unbanned and new rules surrounding the conduct of subclans would be in effect. By this time, however, subclans had become much less popular of an idea and thus only sparce groups would emerge in later years on Aliens vs Predator.
- Elite Hunters Clan: Leader: mad_hatter_968. xXOpTiC_KnIvEsXx once owned the Elite Hunters subclan, becoming the most prominent of all Hive subclans throughout AvP history. It is this prominence that allowed it to survive the initial ban on subclans in the Hive. As such, the Elite Hunters transcended the first era and -- ironically -- were brought back by mad_hatter_968 as an independent clan with new members, this reboot too later falling. State: Fallen
- Marine Core: Leader: MaxDeadBear. In response to the Shield's creation, MaxDeadBear would later come to create his own clan, Immortal Resurrection. The members of this clan were mainly those who supported Max during the problems experienced in the Hive that summer. Created with systems quite similar to the Hive, Immortal Resurrection would become a close duplicate to the Hive, with its own events and groups, somewhat like the Royal Elders subclan that existed years before. MaxDeadBear became the clan's Matriarch, however, making those initiated much more selective than the Hive. Despite the fact that Max did have issues with a number of Hive members, he still eventually formed an alliance and later a subclan pact with it. It was the first and only subclan that was created after italian-stal's reign. It was later renamed the Marine Core. State: Active
- Assassin Subclan: Leader: reganwison05. Late on in the Playstation 3 age on AvP, a small new subclan by the name of the Assassin Clan was created under the rule of sdrbuck234. reganwison05 was its leader, with the clan having an initiation where initiates must have gotten 8 kills on the clan leader. State: Fallen
The Wolf WarEdit
After the 2013 Recession, a short war between the Hive and the Wolfpack was planned. BadassOfDOD declared war about a month ahead, but came back and claimed that the clan had moved to PS4. This made the Wolfpack forfeit the war and give up its previous #5 position in AvP clans. In this Wolf War, each side recruited help from allies that were not used. The Wolfpack got help from the USCM clan. Meanwhile, the Hive was ready for war with the Shadow Lycans, the League of Shadows, the Specimens, and the Death clan. Legendary alien kida77wolf and Shadow Lycan SHADOW-LYCANHOPE are given credit for their help in training Hive members for this event, training that was not properly used because the war was abandoned. This would've been the Hive's first war, but like so many others before, it was ultimately just a threat.
The Hive has done friendly battles with the Shadow Lycans in its earlier days. The Shadow Lycans were a formidable clan, the very first 3-on-3 battle ending with the Hive 42 points to 112 points. The Shadow Lycans were known as almost all great players. These clan battles are amongst the few that the Hive has experienced in friendly terms. However, the Hive has come close to other serious clan wars (see below). The Alphawolves, a near-equal top clan, were at first completely uninvolved with the Hive, but had gradually become more involved with the Clan in competitive clan battles. That being said, some Hive members are also Alphawolves (just as some are Shadow Lycans). Lycan battles with the Hive ended when SHADOW-LYCANKING left his leadership of the Lycans; with his return in 2017, more Lycan battles are now planned for the future.
Death Deelers vs. Elite HuntersEdit
The Death Deelers clan and the Elite Hunters subclan have also experienced aggression towards each other. Leaders mad_hatter_968 and xXOpTiC_KnIvEsXx (TheHunters_Wolf) lead these clans, and have had a previous scurmish which caused the Death Deelers and their leader to leave the clan, an event known as the Subclan Ousting. This war happened between a Hive subclan and a previous one, but overall Matriarch italian-stal did not need to be involved. He tried to stop it, but even subclan leaders lead their own clan their own way, even if that means a more violent method, verbally and virtually. Luckily after a short break, mad_hatter_968 had returned to the Hive, but his clan has not. This was not a true Hive clan war, just a war between subclans and is therefore on this page.
The Great ThreatEdit
A close war by the Legion (once led by styleenut) almost occured, but it was called off and now the Legion is an ally to the Hive. However, it is sadly a fallen ally, as styleenut's planned attack of the clan caused many of his members to leave, as they were Hive members themselves. This attempt is known as the Great Threat to the Hive, where styleenut then was reconvinced of his plan by alice_170. However, the clan was largely weakened and was later resurrected by MEGA-PRED666, and styleenut has gone into hiding.
Raven Threat AllianceEdit
An old AvP clan, the Mystravens were originally a Hive enemy that nearly caused a war. In fact, the Ravens were a clan trying to destroy and conquer all other clans, to prove themselves the most dominant clan. Many were originally deranged cultists, actually believing in xenomorphs and yautjas. The Hive was contacted by them soon after the initiation of member Telecommando946, where they threatened to take over the Hive and force its alliance.The short dispute against the Mystravens was stopped by Telecommando, when he infiltrated them and challenged their leader xxThe_Ravenxx before his clan could attack the Hive. Telecommando946 won, and became the leader. He removed all the cultists and restarted the clan, initiating new people. He shortly thereafter made the Hive their first ally. This is the Raven Threat Alliance.
After Telecommando946 took control of the Mystravens during the Raven Threat Alliance, sharkbait0326 became clan leader. This was short-lived, for Telecommando946 soon reclaimed the Mystravens. For the longest time thereafter, the Mystravens became less-prominent in the clan universe, remaining unheard by the Hive for months. They returned in appearance upon the rise of their acclaimed foes, the Mysthawks. The Mystravens asked alliance from the Hive to defeat this new foe, but due to miscommunication, the Hive refused accidentally. This caused Telecommando946 to become hostile to the Hive, blaming italian-stal on behalf of his members. The unity between the Mystravens and Hive soon ended, and the Mysthawk leader xxMYSThawkxx thenafter hoped to recruit Matriarch italian-stal to take down Telecommando946 and the previous Hive ally. italian-stal accepted alliance, but refused to wage war on his previous companions. xxMYSThawkxx then threated sabotage of the Hive, to which the Matriarch continued with refutation. In the end, the Mysthawks accepted simple alliance and the Mystravens became neutral to the Hive. However, italian-stal then decided to go deeper into the relations between the two enemy clans, keeping his deposition of neutrality constant on the affair. With help from mad_hater_968 and various other Hive members whom had been in the Ravens, the Hive soon discovered that Telecommando946 was the same as xxMYSThawkxx, thus revealing the true intentions of both clans. The Mystravens and the Mysthawks were led by the same leader, meaning the two had never truly been enemies and the entire setup was merely a ploy made by Telecommando946 as vengeance against the Hive for supposed disrespect. With even further thought, it was also inferred that Telecommando was also xxThe_Ravenxx, the clan leader he hitherto claimed to have beaten during the Raven Threat Alliance. This conveyed that Telecommando946 was indeed the true creator of the Mystravens, and therefore he had created the illusion of the Raven Threat Alliance to make himself a highly-esteemed member of the Hive. His control over all of these fallacies is known as the Ravenhawk Conspiracy. Due to these lies and the use of all three pseudonyms, Telecommando946 was then exiled from the Hive in the interconnected Hive Trial, the Ravenhawk Trial.
The Undertaker ThreatEdit
In the Xbox sector, a Hive member Epixundertaker2 decided to leave the clan for reasons of power controlling a clan himself and came to lead the Skullcrushers clan. Similar to the Great Threat with styleenut, Epixundertaker2 threatened the Hive, to which the two clans then battled and, after only a few fights, the Hive was continuously victorious, displaying its power over the corrupt enemy. Hive member Impulse Creeper took a prime role against Epixundertaker, earning him clan respect for standing up for the clan. Xbox Chimera XENO_MAN was to assist the Hive here, but was ultimately absent. As a result of the opposing clan leader, this is now known as the Undertaker Threat.
Below are the limited-time clanwide events known as Tournaments (not to be mistaken with the everyday Hive game Hive Tournament). These Tournaments acted as big, notable clan events where traditional rules of the Clan were altered of behalf of general gameplay (mostly) to boost Hive activity (both by normal and special-ranked members), all for a limited time (anywhere between one week to 2 months).
Overall, two main kinds of clanwide Tournaments have been held: Rank Tournaments, where the event's focus is on gathering more members of special rank and thus a selected elite round(s) is made easier (ex. Empress and Ultimate Tournaments); and Team Tournaments, where all active members of the Clan are encouraged to get together into teams with other members to fight against other teams in team-based events, all to fight for a grand prize. Below are the different clanwide Tournaments of the Hive:
In early summer of 2014, first crowned Empress in Hive history MILLERDUO stepped down from his position. By this time, previous Empresses alice_170, chaosshadow18, and BadassOfDOD had left or been exiled as well. The other Empresses at the time were inactive in AvP, other than mad_hatter_968 and philip13_. Thus, Matriarch italian-stal decided to call together a Hive Trial due to the desperation at the time for subleaders. This specific Hive Trial was rudimentary, for it was the only Hive Trial to date that allowed the participation of normal-ranked Hive members (which had not beaten two Legendary rounds). It was voted that, because of the times, more Empress postions needed filled. Therefore, those present at the Trial decided to begin the Empress Tournament, which temporarily repositioned the required rank needed to do a Council round from pureblood bull alien rank to the simple mixblood drone rank, only rank 3 in the Hive rank system, thus making it much easier to do the round and simultaneously convincing Hive members to go after the esteemed Empress rank. Not only that, but by refuting one's individual round-of-the-day (Special Round Rule), a member could do as many Council rounds as he/she pleased. In addition, italian-stal, as host of the Tournament and of the rounds, decided, for the Tournament's duration, that he would host the rounds in a style he dubbed "old italian," a skillset of his older moves and older Matriarch tactic during the time the original Empresses (MILLERDUO, chaosshadow18, alice_170, mad_hatter_968, DEATHHOUNDS37) were crowned, thereby leveling the current (nearly impossible) difficulty of the round to that when it was originally beaten. The Empress Tournament was meant to span June 9-16, a week's length, but was cut short when the three remaining positions were filled before the end. Therefore, the Tournament ended on June 14 with the crowning of the last Empress of the 'second Council.' Overall, the Tournament was successful in recruiting new Empresses to replace the old, ending with the crowning of Empresses dinoshark2000, pet-shop980, and LydiaTheX3noGirl (in that order) and the refilling of the Council. Unfortunately, just as the original Council had worked, Empress philip13_ left his Empress position one week after the second Council's completion, thus leaving one remaining position.
Due to the success of the Empress Tournament (i.e. the filling of the second Council), the Queen Tournament was planned for the following July 7 to July 13. This Tournament was announced over Hive Update 5.4, which announced this tournament's new rules. Here, rather than the lowering of the required rank (mixblood bull alien still needed), the objectives of the round itself were changed. This tournament was focused on the Queen special rank, thus altered the Pureblood round. For this tournament, the Pureblood round's rigourous requirement of 3 persecutions on the host lowered to 1 persecution. Also, like the Empress Tournament, all challengers of the revised Pureblood round could attempt the round as many times a day as they pleased (if one's round-of-the-day were sacrificed). In addition, the "old italian" skill of italian-stal during the Empress Tournament was reintroduced to give Hive members an even higher chance of completing the previously-unbeaten round. During the original run of the Tournament, only Hive member untimentcreeper managed to succeed the revised Pureblood round. Because of this lessened impact, the Tournament was later extended another week and ended instead on July 21. With this extra time, Bibi1005 won the round as well and became the clan's second Queen. Soon after, however, Matriarch italian-stal decided to allow member MULTIPLAYER1999 one chance at the revised Pureblood round despite the fact the Queen Tournament officially ended, for the long-dedicated player had aspired for a special rank for excessive time beforehand. MULTIPLAYER1999 succeeded, and technically became the third Queen as result of the Tournament. Thusly, the Queen Tournament yielded about as much victory as the Empress Tournament previously did, with three new Hive subleaders: untimentcreeper, Bibi1005, and MULTIPLAYER1999. This left 7 Bulwark of the Royals positions by its terminus. The revised Pureblood round was owed to a Hive member, though, and weeks after the Tournament, legendary alien kida77wolf became the fourth Queen via revised round, albeit after she beat the actual Pureblood round.
Just as the Empress Tournament was held in June and the Queen in July, the King Tournament was held at the end of August, beginning August 18. No finite date was planned for this Tournament's end this time, however, seeing the necessary extension of the previous Tournament and the fact Matriarch italian-stal was scarcely on during this time. The Matriarch appointed mad_hatter_968, pet-shop980, and LydiaTheX3noGirl to host the Alpha rounds of the Tournament while he was offline. This tournament around, italian-stal decided to make the ability of becoming a special rank the easiest it had ever been, since there were 25 open King positions upon the event's origin. Here, the rank required to do the elite round (in this case, the Alpha round) went down to mixblood drone, as in the Empress Tournament. Not only that, but the round itself was altered to temporarily rid the need to get a persecution in the Alpha round, making this Tournament the easiest to date. This was only half the case, however, due to italian-stal's absence. Only while he was online did the simpler "old italian" appear; the 3 Empresses chosen to host the rounds otherwise were ordered to go on normal difficulty, meaning the only opportunity for Hive members to face an easy opponent was when italian-stal himself was online, which was not too often during the Tournament. Near the terminus of the Tournament, however, italian-stal was commonly online again before disappearing into another hiatus. During this, Kings were thereby crowned left and right, various Hive members beating the hitherto unbeaten Alpha round. 7 new Kings were crowned during the Tournament, the most successful Tournament to that date. In order, the new subleaders crowned were numnutsforever, MeatEater010, Hitman_Valentino, xXRagging_GirlXx, Xx_MaYhEm_88_xX, LizTheXenoGirl13, and eyeofanubus and shadowlurker321 (whom share a co-King position). sdrbuck234 became an outlier of these Kings, for italian-stal owed him a revised Alpha round, even after the King Tournament ended. Technically he was crowned by the Tournament, but was only crowned after it.
Soon after Powergamer1998 became the Hive's second Monarch, the PS3 sector held a special tournament unlike any other before for some of the dreary winter months. Decided upon in a Hive Trial, italian-stal and other subleaders concluded the rules for a Hivewide tournament such a small this; instead of members being given better opportunities at special ranks, as the summer tournaments did, this tournament was an organizational one where self-made teams of 4 would clash in special tournament-style Hive games and basic matches (the first Team Tournament). Beginning December 26, the Winter Tournament had a total gathering of 8 teams: the Chimeras (of italian-stal, SERPENT_COBRA_, Lotusofthesand, and untimentcreeper), led by SERPENT_COBRA_ and later Lotusofthesand; the Gentlegoonz (of Hitman_Valentino, Bibi1005, LydiaTheX3noGirl, and XDarkharXD), led by XDarkharXD; the Hellhounds (of XxRagging_girlxX, bmwexotics, leehellyer1974, and zachplooper28), led by XxRagging_girlxX; the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse (of DEATHHOUNDS37, PhatMan02, numnutsforever, and chaosmage99), led by numnutsforever; the Mediocre Crew (of kida77wolf, HiveViper95, KOWLOON16, and chillout477), led by kida77wolf; the Hive Preds (of shadowlurker321, dinoshark2000, Kennett31, and pooma7), led by dinoshark2000; the Xiraaks (of veuve12, potato_bug10, crazyaxel78, and pp19012), led by potato_bug10; and the Millennium Phantoms (of aliciarenee71, Skull3nat3r, SERPENTX34, and iPhoneX90), led by SERPENTX34. From late December to early February, the Tournament occurred, some teams earning more points than others due to skill of the members, teamwork, or just the frequency each team would be present. The Tournament ended with a standstill between the two top teams: the Gentlegoonz and the Chimeras. In the end, the Chimeras won by default due to the absence of the Gentlegoonz. This made the Chimera team win the grand prize offered for the Tournament, causing Lotusofthesand (who was leader by the end) to earn an automatic Empress spot in the Council (the only Empress position ever won without use of a round or the Empress Failsafe). Ultimately, the top 3 teams were: the Chimeras, the Gentlegooonz, and the 4 Horsemen.
In late spring of 2015, italian-stal began planning the end of his reign as Matriarch by the end of the upcoming summer. The first step in doing this was to bring the subleader count back up, as no new special-ranked Hive members had originated in the clan since the King Tournament of the previous year (other than the grand prize of the Winter Tournament). As a result, a number of the subleaders gained during the trilogy of summer tournaments the year before began to lack in attendance; only some of them continued their responsibilities. Therefore, italian-stal anticipated the need of new subleaders to help out when the next Matriarch came to power, so as they could help run the clan whilst the next leader would begin to foundate herself. With the vote of a Hive Trial, the Ultimate Tournament was started in the first week of May and was to run the duration of that month, the longest Rank Tournament to date. The length of the Tournament was further extended, however, due to italian-stal's absence during the majority of that month. The Tournament went on to run the span of June and even went into the start of July, ultimately terminating on July 4. Over of the course of this extensive event, italian-stal once again integrated his "old italian" skillset so as to allow more members to become subleaders. Not only that, but as the last major Tournament italian-stal would host, 4 of the other special ranks (Empress, Deacon, Queen, King) were put up for easier claim, rather than the previous Tournaments for a single unnatural rank. This did mean that the Deacon rank would experience its first opportunity in a Tournament, as it was never offered in any of the preceeding four. For this Tournament, the requisites to do each special rank's appropriate round were once again lowered for needed rank. For the Alpha round (King), members only needed to be Mixblood Chestburster; for Pureblood rounds (Queen), it was Runner; for Deacon subround of Rebirth rounds (Deacon), Predalien; and for Council round (Empress), Bull Alien, all of which were in the first prestige. In addition, each of the rank's rounds' requirements were also lessened. The Alpha round now consisted of a 15-minute match where 15 kills, 3 glitches, and one persecution were needed. The Pureblood round was now a 20-minute match requiring 20 kills, one glitch, and 2 persecutions. The Deacon subround now only needed 20 kills, 2 variance, and a persecution in 15 minutes. Finally, the Council round required 25 kills in 25 minutes with 2 persecutions, 3 glitches, and one variance during the Tournament. With these objectives, the Tournament yielded 6 victors. Two individuals beat the Alpha round, becoming Kings: RogueAssassin5-0 and spidermanbk3. Two new Deacons rose as well, the first Deacons to have earned the rank rather than be deranked from an Empress to it: dragonsrule4444 and Tex-_o. Finally, 2 Empresses were in the outcome of the Tournament. One was untimentcreeper, who became the first Hive member to ever utilize the Ultimate Rank rule and occupy not only his new Empress position, but his previous Queen one as well. The second Empress was chaosshadow18, who was previously the second Empress ever in the clan during the First Council. chaosshadow18 had not been seen since his disappearance during the 2013 Recession, but as he returned to the clan during this Tournament he earned back his Empress position. These victories all set the stage for the future of the clan, as these leaders with the previous ones would assist the next Matriarch upon the end of italian-stal's final act as Matriarch: the Matriarch Tournament.
In-between the Ultimate and Matriarch Tournaments, italian-stal wanted to attempt to go through all of the modes in each of the 11 current games the clan had at this point, so as to expose Hive members to modes that they had never voted for or experienced. (Although Game Week was not a Tournament in composition, it is categorized as one since it is a Hivewide event that changed the rules fundamental rules of clan events.) During Game Week (even though the event lasted nearly a month), voting for events was restricted and all members in the Matriarch's lobby would go through each of the 11 games and their modes in chronological order of their release. All special rounds other than Initiations and Rebirth rounds were restricted, and Rank rounds for the subleaders would be held at the end of the event. By the end, Game Week yielded a lot of ranking up for some members and large rank rounds for many of the Empresses. The week also yielded 3 new modes for Hive games: Terror mode (Races), Doom of the Deep (Pureblood Royale), and Hunt (Hive-and-Seek), the most new modes introduced at one time in over two years.
At the terminus of italian-stal's time as Matriarch, he announced the Matriarch Tournament's start on July 31 during the last Hive update during Age 6. During a Hive Trial preceeding the Tournament, the Council decided that second part of the Matriarch rule (forbidding Kings, Queens, and Empresses from challenging the Matriarch for leadership) was nullified for the course of the Tournament, so the experienced subleaders would have a chance at Matriarchy (as italian-stal was purposefully attempting to rid himself of the title). This meant all Hive members above Mixblood Chestburser rank could participate and become the clan's next leader. Originally, any Hive member of any rank could attempt the Matriarch Road, but for the Tournament the rank was actually raised to the second rank in the system because the Guardian round was eliminated and the need for one rankup in the clan acted as compensation. Usually, those going for Matriarch would have to conquer the Guardian round (Prematriarch round) before having the ability to fight in the Matriarch round, but for the Tournament this step in the Road was null and, for the first time since the beginning of italian-stal's reign, members could begin straight into the Matriarch round itself once challenging the leader. Once the Tournament began, however, italian-stal quickly realized an outside time limit to have his leadership revoked and therefore restricted the play of Greater Matriarch rounds so as to save time and have more challenges per day. Unlike previous Tournaments as well was the requirement to possess an in-game microphone, as italian-stal saw the necessity of the next clan leader needing to verbally communicate with players. During the event, italian-stal went a normal difficulty for his style to give members a chance (as usually a Matriarch round challenger would be met with an all-out italian). Even with this, italian-stal did not intend for any member to beat a round until he so chose. As one of the strongest xenomorph players in PS3 AvP at the time, italian-stal had the ability to stop any member he did not want to be Matriarch from becoming so and permit that which he wanted to be the next Matriarch. Therefore, the Tournament itself was truly one big decision for italian-stal to allow a Hive member to beat him and become his successor based on his opinion on not only their skill, but their personality and affinity to rule a clan as well. Primarily fighting for Matriarchy were Deacon dragonsrule4444, Empress/Queen untimentcreeper, MaxDeadBear, and yuikkjhyytrfg. In the end, italian-stal chose to lose a Lesser Matriarch round to dragonsrule4444. Thereafter, italian gathered as many Empresses together as possible for the Council Acceptance (giving some other subleaders temporary Empress ability so as to have enough people for the process), the vote unanimously calling in favour for dragonsrule to be the next Matriarch of the Hive Clan. Later that day on August 4, italian-stal sent out his final update to every Hive member and ally, past and present, about the fourth Matriarch of the clan. From then onward, dragonsrule4444 ruled the Hive Clan and italian-stal took a bonus Empress slot as CHAKRAMMblade and DARKWILFPHOENIX had.
Monarch Tournament Edit
At the planned end of Sdrbuck234's time as Monarch he announced a Monarch Tournament with similar rules to italian-stal's Matriarch Tournament held the previous year. The fighters must have possessed an in-game microphone and be Chestburster rank or higher. Sdrbuck then realized that he, just as with italian-stal before him, was one of the strongest players in his sector (along with first Monarch trajectory989), meaning that few members in the X-Sector could even come close to beating the difficult Monarch (Matriarch) round. The fighters primarily attempting to be the next Monarch were Bloodygammawolf, B3ASTGODZ, DarkAncientWolf, Yoloer8893. Unfortunantly Yoloer8893 and DarkAncientWolf backed out of the Tournament only leaving Bloodygammawolf and B3ASTGODZ in the end. Sdrbuck234 ultimately chose to lose a Lesser Monarch Round to Bloodygammawolf, the second clan leader of the Hive to give up his position, rather than lose it to an individual of higher skill (as Sdrbuck was the apex of his clan sector). Thereafter Sdrbuck gathered the remaining X-Council and threw in his vote, along with all of the other Empresses to bring a unanimous vote calling in favour of Bloodygammawolf to be the Xbox sector's third Monarch. Later that evening Sdrbuck sent out a final update to every past and present Hive member about the third Monarch of the Hive. This was a short-lived change, as Sdrbuck went to his home sector of Playstation 3 but soon returned not even a month later to resume his reign as Monarch after attempting to usurp fourth Matriarch dragonsrule4444 of her poorly received reign.
The Monarch's Return Edit
Not even a month after the Monarch Tournament, Monarch Sdrbuck234 ultimately decided to let dragonsrule4444 stay as Matriarch and support her when the time was required as he returned to the X-Sector to find it had ultimately gone into a state of inactivity under Bloodygammawolf. Monarch BloodyGammaWolf willingly requested him to take leadership back despite the rule that Empresses could not become future Monarchs. Bloodygammawolf, due to the little time he spent as Monarch, is only noted in clan history as a Temporary Monarch, as Sdrbuck234 continued his rule as second Monarch (of Old).
With the new generation of Hive members during dragonsrule4444's reign, highly active member MaxDeadBear suggested another clanwide tournament due to the rising clan activity seen in the summer of 2016. This idea was solidified in a following Hive Trial, where it was decided that a Summer Tournament (acting in conjunction to the Winter Tournament of 2014-15) should act as a good way to integrate several of the new members into the clan's history. The Tournament was to go by the same rules as the previous Winter Tournament, going by teams of 4 fighting against each other for the integral Hive Points in clashes. Once again, each team would have a leader and unique name to compete in a variety of team-based basic matches, Hive games, and limited-time modes for the Hive Points over the duration of the summer. The Tournament was to yield 3 teams: the Fierce Bloodz (with bosu2001, LydiaTheX3noGirl, Mattgamer570, and SERPENTX34), led by bosu2001; the Forbidden Nightmares (with MaxDeadBear, sdrbuck234, BLOODSHOT_59, and ana2003sa ), led by ana2003sa; and the Royals (with dragonsrule4444, italian-stal, UnstableXeno, and SHARKSHERK), led by UnstableXeno. The Tournament was announced in Update 7.2 and began July 1st. However, once the date arrived several problems arose. Both Matriarch dragonsrule4444 and italian-stal were unavailable, making it impossible for possible teams to clash, as either of them had to be present to host. Not only that, but despite the fact that the clan had activity not seen since several year prior, the lobbies of these members usually consisted of the same people. Overall, the clan had the activity to perform a clanwide Tournament, but not the number of members required to make enough teams. The Summer Tournament was thus cancelled in mid-July.
The Hive clan does have some rules and regulations. These rules include:
- Tolerance Regulation:The Hive is quite tolerant on players and their language. Members are permitted to swear or yell in matches, but there is a limit on how much one can do when it regards the Hive. If a member shows complete disrespect towards the Hive and the Matriarch, the Matriarch has the ability to downrank or even exclude a member from the Hive.
- Matriarch Rule:
- Matriarch Oath (part 1): Empresses of the Council, Queens of the Bulwark, and Kings of the Elites cannot become future Matriarchs or Monarchs. Even if they quit the high group, they cannot even try a Guardian round, then a Matriarch round (or a Monarch round) until a new Matriarch or Monarch arises. So they cannot be a Matriarch until the Matriarch after the current one they were in that group.
- Triple Rule (part 2): All members have 3 tries per Matriarch to do a Matriarch round. If one fails a Matriarch round three times, then they cannot do another one, or at least a new Matriarch arises, to which each member has three tries once again.
- Empress Failsafe (part 3): Previous Matriarchs and Monarchs have a free pass to the Council. If they accept it, then then will be an Empress, and the Council's overall number will increase by one. If they refuse, then they are automatically a Hiveblood Rhino Alien rank (if previous Matriarch) or Hiveblood Praetorian (if previous Monarch).
- Acceptance Rule (part 4): For a new Matriarch to become the new one, the Council must do their Council Acceptance. If over half the Council does not accept the new leader, they must step down or take the Backup Matriarch (Superiority) round.
- Absolute Rule (part 5): Matriarchs and Monarchs may not be any other special ranks, and if one becomes a member of the High Council, they must give away any prior held special ranks. Thus, Matriarchs and Monarchs are exempt from the Ultimate Rank Rule (see below).
- Monarch Rule:
- Quintuple Rule (part 1): All members in a sector have 5 tries at the Monarch Road per Monarch. If one fails all 5 times, they must wait until the next Monarch or go for leadership in another sector.
- Sector Rule (part 2): A Monarch's heightened authority exists only within their assigned sector(s); outside of this domain a Monarch has the equivalent authority and ability of an Empress.
- Acceptance Rule II (part 3): For a new Monarch to take control of a sector, that sector's subleaders must do Sector Acceptance. If half or more of these special-ranked leaders do not accept the new Monarch, the challenger must step down and attempt the Monarch Road again.
- Dedication Rule:
- Obligation Rule (part 1): No member of the Hive has to dedicate themselves to the Hive. This clan has some members that just got initiated, played a round or two in the clan, and has not been seen since. Dedication to the clan is appreciated, but it is definitely not necessary. Any clan member can play any game at any time.
- Friend Rule (part 2):The Matriarch only accepts friend requests from random players if they are friends to the Matriarch in real life or share some real life connection, or if one has officially joined the Hive as a member. If a member has not played with the Hive for over 2 months, the Matriarch has the ability to unfriend the player to make room for the new Hive members. This does not mean they are kicked out of the clan, but the player will no longer be in direct contact with the Matriarch.
- Hive Arrest Rule (part 3): All newly succeeding Empresses must undergo a trial period to permanently earn their position. For the first 30 days (or one month) after their crowning, Empresses must be actively online a present Hive sector (either participating or hosting) at least 2 days of each given week, during which at least one Hive event must be hosted by that Empress (including rounds, games, and activities). If this standard is not held, the Empress is likely to lose their recent position; if passed, the Empress has permanently earned their rank and no longer needs regulated.
- Spectation Rule:
- Interference Rule (part 1): (*Original) When other Hive members are in a match of a special round, such as Initiation or Matriarch, they can only spectate from higher areas of the map, where they will not interfere. If players are on the battleground more than once, Matriarch has permission to kill that player for interference. If it continues, one may even experience a downrank.
- Trust Rule (part 2): Those Hive members taking any special round (other than Initiation) have the ability to choose which other Hive members get to spectate their rounds. Those seen unfit to watch can be kicked by the host so as to lower possibility of disruption. Only those of special rank cannot be removed.
- Deduction Rule (part 3): (*Updated) As of June 22, 2014, Hive members are warned to keep track of which members they keep as spectators. All kills gotten by spectators by the end of the round during the match will act as deductions to the challenger's round (in kills, persecutions, etcetera). This rule only does not apply to those spectators of unnatural rank, for they cannot be removed to begin with. (The alternate version is not applicable in reverse; suicide kills of spectators do not add to the person's score.)
- Elite Rule (part 4): In "elite" special rounds (Guardian, Council, Alpha, Pureblood, Omega, Matriarch/Monarch), any interference by spectators will get one warning, then severe punishment will be given if it continues. This will result in a downrank or several, depending on the offense. Other interruptions in other rounds and games will eventually lead to this if they are done repetitively.
- Rank Rule:
- Overrank Rule (part 1): If a member reaches the end of a prestige, they can only hold extra rankups to the point of halfway through the next prestige (8 ranks), after which no more rankups can be held without a Rebirth round.
- Extreme Downrank Rule (part 2): If a member is downranked past a prestige point (down a level in the system), they do not have to retake any Rebirth rounds they have already taken here, as they will only rank up to the next level automatically upon recovering these ranks. However, a retake of this round can be set by the Matriarch if the behaviour causing the previous downrank continues.
- Ultimate Rank Rule (part 3): Those of special rank can be multiple special ranks simultaneously (i.e. Empress and Queen at the same time), despite the previous rule that one would have to give up their last unnatural rank to get a new one. However, this is still not recommended. Matriarchs and Monarchs are the exception, and cannot hold multiple ranks.
- Special Round Rule: Each and every Hive member, no matter the rank may not do more than one special round per day, to save time for other group activities. Initiation and Rank rounds are the only rounds exceeding this rule. The Matriarch may give rare exceptions.
- Mode Rule: In the Hive, only 2 of the same mode or minigame of a Hive game is allowed to be played per day. This especially goes for the fast-ranking Xeno mode of Hive-and-Seek.
- Subclan Rule:
- Inter-Intraclan Rule (part 1): As of August 1, 2013, no more subclans were allowed to be created. (*Updated) As of September 1, 2014, subclans are once again allowed to be created. Hive members may now create their own clans; from here, they then choose to make their clan independent (which shall begin as neutral to the Hive) or a subclan to the Hive. Hive allies becoming unified with the Hive have the choice to go from independent clans to subclans as well.
- Initiation Failsafe (part 2): All members of subclans not already in the Hive are considered Hive allies. However, these allies automatically receive a failsafe and can be initiated into the Hive without need of an Initiation Round, as long as they have been initiated into the subclan first.
- Civil War Rule (part 3): Subclans are not permitted to become enemies or wage clan warfare on other subclans. Such actions will be treated as treason, and the subclan will be kicked from the Hive as a neutral clan of its own. The subclan leader shall receive downranks depending on the offense.
- Subsidiary Rule (part 4): the affairs and potential issues of subclans of the Hive are prioritized over that of such affairs for Hive allies, as subclans are technically a part and subsidiary of the Hive, and thus will be tended to first (the only exception to this is the Ally Failsafe).
- Ally Rule:
- Ally Failsafe (part 1): in times of crisis, ally affairs and issues can be prioritized over that of subclans and the Hive itself; this can only be enacted via Matriarch or Hive Trial.
- Enemy Failsafe (part 2): in extreme times of crisis where the Hive must isolate itself from an online environment, all alliances of the Hive may be severed (temporarily or completely) to make all clans neutral to the Clan; this can only be enacted via Hive Trial decision.
- Persecution Regulation: Matriarchs, especially that of third Matriach italian-stal, are to be treated with loyalty and respect as the supreme leaders of the Hive clan. This includes not ending a match persecuting the Matriarch -- such is considered a dishonour to the Matriarch as a leader. Any member ending a match persecuting a Matriarch is subject to a possible downrank (variable from Matriarch to Matriarch).
- Cross-Integration Rule: Those of special rank in any one sector (PS3, Xbox360, PC, PS4, AvP, ACM, GTAV, Warframe) are to be recognized as the same special rank in all sectors, as well as act in the same group (i.e. the Council on Xbox is the same as the Council on PS3).
- Veto Rule: As of July 2016, the Matriarch no longer holds complete and absolute power of the Clan. If any decision of a Matriarch is highly criticized, all other available subleaders may vote to revoke this decision. If a vote to revoke (with at least 5 votes having to be present) is unanimous amongst subleaders, the decision is undone. *This rule cannot be singlehandedly edited by a Matriarch; only Trial decisions may edit this.*
- Uiicortul (Victory) Rule: Classified, contact Matriarch for details.